Basic MERmaiding requirements.
1) Be at least 6 years old
2) Be able to swim 25 meters comfortably
3) Be able to submerge your face fully whilst swimming
4) Be able to tread water in both shallow and deep water
5) Be able to lift your knees and turn 360 degrees in both directions
6) Be able to demonstrate a basic dolphin kick for 5 meters
All six sounds like you? Great! You're ready to be a Mer-Fin Fun
Mer-Fin Fun was created in January 2018 by Mermaid Amy, a mother of two from Telford, Shropshire.
Mermaid Amy always had a passion for mermaids from a very young age, and consistently swam using the dolphin kick technique, in and out of a tail!
Mermaid Amy created her first mer-tail by hand in 2013 for a photoshoot in the beautiful crystal clear water's of Cyprus. She quickly found people loved the idea and her creativity and she continued to take her tail overseas and to local pools sparking curiosity in children and grown-ups.
From This, Mermaid Amy decided to bring mermaids to Telford by bringing Mer-Fin Fun to life, offering a wide variety of mermaid/mermen tails, with quality fins for ages 6 years above.
Experienced for over 7 years mermaid swimming and qualified by Swim England (ASA) in level 1 and 2 swimming teaching, mermaid Amy bring a new and exciting aspect to swimming whilst making dreams come true!